Sunday, August 26, 2012

Be My Shotgun

This journey has been overwhelming. So overwhelming that I haven't even been able to find the time to do the things I love the most. Don't get me wrong, I love this place. It is exactly what I needed and I know that I can thrive here. I just wish that you could be here to hold my hand and experience this life with me. Seeing you, stuck in a past that isn't leading you to any promising future, breaks my heart. I hurt because I know your potential. Everyone tells me to let it go. How can I let go of something that I love so much? I am so much better to you than I should be. You don't deserve half of what I do for you, and yet I continue to treat you the way I do. I hold you at such a special place in my heart. I wish you knew and appreciated how much you mean to me. I wish you would leave the past behind and come on this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment